Indigo Insights

Tuesday, November 04, 2003
 
JUST STUFF


THEY'VE MOVED

Straight White Guy
Pennywit
Mulatto Advocate

SAM has a little rant about the destruction of old, historical homes.

ZELL SAYS
"I have come to believe that George Bush is the right man in the right place at the right time. And that's a pretty big mouthful coming from a lifelong Democrat who first voted for Adlai Stevenson in 1952 and has voted for every Democratic presidential candidate the 12 cycles since then. My political history to the contrary, this was the easiest decision I think I've ever made in deciding who to support. For I believe the next five years will determine the kind of world my four grandchildren and four great-grandchildren will live in. I simply cannot entrust that crucial decision to any one of the current group of Democratic presidential candidates." [see entire article here - thanks to Jay Solo]

AFGHAN MEN are getting an object lesson in women's empowerment. If they want to work with the US, occasionally they will have to work with American women and treat them as equals.
Read it all at On The Third Hand.

SYMANTEC SAYS NO TO PRO-GUN SITES Thanks to Trojan Horseshoes for the link.

KEVIN SHUDDERS

DA GODDESS says black socks never get dirty.

AN ACIDMAN COMMENTER SAYS: Notice that the first commandment does not say "I am the ONLY God, there are no others." It say's "put no other god before Me", which actually implies that there are other gods. I know some may find this hair splitting, but I find it amusing. Most of those commandments are entirely irrelevant to everyone except believers. "No graven images", "honor the Sabbath", - plus isnt coveting something you do in your mind? Are we to legislate against thought crimes? Coveting is the basis of our economy. And the two useful ones about murder and theft were not originated with Judaism. So for the most part, the commandments are useless except for those who "believe" in this specific version of god. And they make no mention of Christ at all, who is central to christianity. I dont know why the christians do not seem to notice this fact. According to them salvation is not possible by anything other than Christ, so the commandments wont "save" you either. [saith Werbinox]

TODAY IN HISTORY: Americans observed the first uniform election day on November 4, 1845.


LITTLE OLD LADIE
A Little Old Lady gets pulled over for speeding...
LOL: Is there a problem, Officer?
Officer: Ma'am, you were speeding.
LOL: Oh, I see.
Officer: Can I see your license please?
LOL: I'd give it to you but I don't have one.
Officer: Don't have one?
LOL: Lost it, 4 years ago for drunk driving.
Officer: I see...Can I see your vehicle registration papers please?
LOL: I can't do that.
Officer: Why not?
LOL: I stole this car.
Officer: Stole it?
LOL: Yes, and I killed and hacked up the owner.
Officer: You what?
LOL: His body parts are in plastic bags in the trunk if you want to see.

The Officer looks at the woman and slowly backs away to his car and calls for back up. Within minutes, 5 police cars circle the car. A senior officer slowly approaches the car, clasping his half drawn gun.

Officer 2: Ma'am, could you step out of your vehicle please!
LOL (steps out of her vehicle): Is there a problem sir?
Officer 2: One of my officers told me that you have stolen this car and murdered the owner.
LOL: Murdered the owner?
Officer 2: Yes, could you please open the trunk of your car, please?
LOL opens the trunk, revealing nothing but an empty trunk.
Officer 2: Is this your car, ma'am?
LOL: Yes, here are the registration papers.
Officer 2 (quite stunned): One of my officers claims that you do not have a driving license.
LOL digs into her handbag and pulls out a clutch purse and hands it to the officer. The officer examines the license. He looks quite puzzled.
Officer 2: Thank you ma'am. One of my officers told me you didn't have a license, that you stole this car, and that you murdered and hacked up the owner.
LOL: I bet the liar told you I was speeding, too.

Moral: Don't mess with LOLs!