Indigo Insights

Monday, March 08, 2004
 
A very pale Indigo today. Downright peaked, MOF. So it seems to be a good day to read blogs, rather than write them. Just a few things for your perusal. i.e.:

>^..^< PUSSYFOOTIN'™

>^..^< WHAT HATH INDIGO WROUGHT? (more on this later)

>^..^< A quote from Jay Leno..............
"As you may have heard, the U.S. is putting together a constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? Think about it - - - it was written by very smart people, it's served us well for over two hundred years....................................and besides, we're not using it anymore."

>^..^< Zeyad, the Iraqi blogger who hosts Healing Iraq , has some interesting thoughts on "Transitional Adminstrative Law (or the interim constitution as Iraqis like to call it)."See 'Playing for time'.

>^..^< With interviews like this available on the internet, Kerry has a lot of work cut out for him - especially if it ever makes the major media.

>^..^< Gratuitous 'Fair and Balanced'

>^..^< Day by Day


QUOTABLES -- Steven Wright

*****Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life.
*****A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
*****If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never tried before.
*****Change is inevitable....except from vending machines.
*****A fool and his money are soon partying.
*****Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route.


INVESTMENT TIP

This gives one a new perspective on important things.....

If you had bought $1000.00 of Nortel stock one year ago, it would now be worth $49.00. With Enron, you would have $16.50 left of the original $1,000.00. With Worldcom, you would have less than $5.00 left.

If you had bought $1,000.00 worth of Budweiser (the beer, not the stock) one year ago, drank all the beer, then turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling price, and deposited it into a plain old savings account, you would have $214.00.
Based on the above, my current investment advice is to drink heavily and recycle. This is my new retirement program. I call it my 401Keg.


OLD, BUT TRULY GOLD!

I once was on a plane where I was served by an obviously homosexual male flight attendant. At one point, he bounced over to where I was sitting and announced, "The Captain has asked me to announce that he will be landing the big scary plane shortly, so if you could just put up your trays - that would be great."

I did as he had instructed, but the woman sitting next to me did not. A few moments later, our flight attendant came back and said to her, "Ma'am, perhaps you couldn't hear me over the big scary engine, but I asked you to please put up your tray so that the captain can land the plane."

She still wouldn't comply. Now the attendant was getting rather angry and asked her again to put up the tray. She then calmly turned to him and said, "In my country, I am called a princess. I take orders from no one."

Our flight attendant replied, "Oh yeah? Well in MY country, I'm called a queen, and I outrank you, bitch! So put the tray up!"

[Collected on the Internet, 2001]