Indigo Insights

Friday, February 04, 2005
 
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME!

This was the first post on Indigo Insights three years ago:


Monday, February 04, 2002

I am reminded of the old movie "The Snake Pit" - starring Olivia DeHaviland (who was Miss Mellie in Gone With The Wind). Her nightmares, delusions, monsters, etc, that assailed her as she tried to make her way through the insane asylum. I just came through that same hell to get HERE!!!!!! EUREKA!!!!!
posted by B. at 3:45 PM

[I have progressed very little in my computer knowledge in three years, as you all know.]



TALE OF SIX BOYS

Been getting a lot of search engine hits on this one lately. Since so many people have an interest in the story, it must be worth a repeat. It really is a great story of the history of Iwo Jima.



FOR ACIDMAN

A cat died and went to Heaven..... God met the animal at the Pearly Gates and said, "You have been a good cat all of these years...Anything you want is yours for the asking." The cat thought for a moment and then said, "All my life I lived on a farm and slept on hard, wooden floors... I would like a real fluffy pillow to sleep on."

God said, "Say no more." Instantly, the cat had a HUGE fluffy pillow.

A few days later, 12 mice were simultaneously killed in an accident and they all went up to Heaven together. God met the mice at the Gates of Heaven, with the exact same offer that He made to the cat. The mice said, "Well, we have had to run all of our lives... from cats, dogs, and even from people with brooms. If we could just have some little roller-skates, we would never have to run again."

God answered, "It is done." All the mice had beautiful little roller-skates.

About a week later, God decided to check on the cat... He found her sound asleep on her fluffy pillow. God gently awakened the cat and asked, "Is everything okay? How have you been doing? Are you happy?"

The cat replied, "Oh, everything is just WONDERFUL... I've never been so happy in my life! My pillow is always fluffy . . . and those little 'Meals-on-Wheels' that You have been sending over are delicious."



WHAT THEY CALL ME

When I stand up for myself and my beliefs, they call me a bitch.

When I stand up for those I love, they call me a bitch.

When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts or do things my own way, they call me a bitch.

Being a bitch means I won't compromise what's in my heart. It means I live my life MY way. It means I won't allow anyone to step on me.

When I refuse to tolerate injustice and speak against it, I am defined as a bitch.

The same thing happens when I take time for myself instead of being everyone's maid, or when I act a little selfish.

It means I have the courage and strength to allow myself to be who I truly am and won't become anyone else's idea of what they think I "should" be.

I am outspoken, opinionated and determined. I want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that!

So try to stomp on me, try to douse my inner flame, and try to squash every ounce of beauty I hold within me. You won't succeed.

And if that makes me a bitch, so be it. I embrace the title and am proud to bear it.

B = Babe
I = In
T = Total
C = Control of
H = Herself

B = Beautiful
I = Intelligent
T = Talented
C = Charming
H = Hell of a Woman

B = Beautiful
I = Individual
T = That
C = Can
H = Handle anything

UPDATE: Looks like I should have inserted "Anonymous" at the end of this one! Not written by me or for me. Just something I came across on the net that I thought was entertaining. Blame it on my pastie fetish.


Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got.
~~Janis Joplin