Indigo Insights

Monday, July 08, 2002
 
NOT QUITE PLAGIARSM

One of these days, hopefully, I’ll learn the intricacies of blogging. I need a “how to” manual. Meanwhile,
I don’t think Neal Boortz will mind if the following is lifted from his site to share with my friends. See http://www.boortz.com/june27-02.htm – if you’d like to read the entire page.

DO MOSQUES HAVE HYMNS?
Having never been to an Islamic Mosque I wasn’t able to answer this question from a caller last week: “Neal. Do Muslims sing hymns in their services?” Well, America’s Rude Awakening did a bit of research. I shaved my ankles, put on some pumps and a burka and went to a service. Only one hymn, if that’s what they call it, was sung. I copied down the words under my robe.
"Allah loves the little children, all the children of the world.
Red, and yellow, black, and white.
Loaded down with dynamite.
Allah loves the little children of the world."

(Catchy.)

ANOTHER PEJORATIVE?
Yep – in Washington, at least. The first law in the country prohibiting use of the term “Oriental” has been passed in that state to bar its use in any “statutes, codes, rules, and regulations”. “It’s offensive”, said Democratic state Senator, Paull Shin. State officials must use the politically correct “Asian” to describe people of Asian descent. U.S. Rep. Michael Honda (D-Calif) is said to be considering introducing a similar bill in Congress next year. According to current academia, however, to be absolutely, positively, 100% correct, Asians should be referred to as Mongoloids. Wonder if that will fly? (and here’s where a ‘Comment’ would be good, if there were one available on my site!)