Indigo Insights

Wednesday, November 13, 2002
 
SHADOW WOLVES

Some of you may have assumed by now that I am quite the Native American aficionado. History, customs, religion, and anything factual regarding our indigenous Americans has fascinated me most of my life. Thanks to the Nicolas Cage movie, Wind Talkers, millions of people now know one of the best kept secrets of WW2. The Navajo Code Talkers were really secret stuff for at least a decade or more after WW2. Their code was never broken by the enemy and the government wanted to keep it classified in case it was needed again. Lots of material on the web about them now. Credit finally being given to the Navajo Marines and the USMC for creating the team.

Recently, another contribution of the Native People made the news: The Shadow Wolves. You probably saw media reports on them this week. Apparently this has been kept relatively quiet too since, although formed in 1972, this week was the first I saw of the group on TV. An informative piece straight from the Res gives some background and tells how their tracking skills are being sought by other countries.



CA BASHING ANYONE?

Received this from a Freeper friend. What a springboard!!! Suggestions run the gamut - some of them even seem sane. Days like this I wish I had a Comments program. But you can always tell me what you think at indigoinsights@hotmail.com
and I'd love to hear from you. One of these days maybe I'll figure out how to make that permanent on this page! Long story about why I'm so cyber-retarded.

Ah, but that's another blog!

And BTW - above two items (Shadow Wolves and CA Bashing) were published Wednesday morning at my house. The following items, actually were sent on Tuesday.