Indigo Insights

Friday, February 21, 2003
 

NOSTALGIA

On 2/1/03 I posted 'My Hero.' Yesterday I received this lovely piece from my friend John in New Jersey and it instantly took me back to those times and reminded me of how often My Hero and I walked those dirt roads. Please turn up your speakers, copy in this URL http://web3.foxinternet.net/safe/dirtroads/dirt_roads.htm (which would not link) and enjoy. If you're too young to appreciate it, forward it to your parents. It’ll be a warm and fuzzy moment in their day.


SPEAKING OF HEROES

Some blogs I visit for entertainment; some for independent analysis of the day’s news; others for different opinions than my own, just to keep me on my toes. And then there are a few I visit for the sheer joy of it. One of these is Close Encounters of the Zander Kind. Several weeks ago, while surfing comments in blogs, I noticed a poster named Zander. He was refreshingly amusing and I began to look forward to his comments. I must not have caught every single comment of Zander’s, because I didn’t know he was a teenager until I read this blog from Acidman. Go there for background.

I was blown away to learn that Zander the blogger is only 16 years old. I guess I was practicing both stereotyping and age discrimination – two of the most detested items on my personal “PO” list. Such wisdom, aplomb, and winning persona as Zander's in such a young physical body makes me suspect that he may have encountered the same evil genie that trapped my young spirit in this old body – reversed in Zander. Told you that genie was evil!

Anyhow, for a real Profile in Courage, visit Zander’s world and learn about him in his own words. Leave him a comment if you feel like it, so he'll have greetings from a lot of new people to read when he gets out of the hospital.