Musings of the Chronologically Challenged™ Fourth Generation
Thursday, March 27, 2003
A FEW BULLETS
* Don't miss yesterday's Compleat Redneck. PLEASE!
* Letter to Editor of High Point Enterprise from a NC military wife. Another MUST READ.
* Two eye witness warriors: Lt. Smash and Capt. Steve - From the Sandbox. Both of these are updated regularly. Sandbox is archived from March 2nd.
* One visit to The Agonist and you'll be hooked. This new site just can't be beat for up to the minute war news updates. Many people are making this their home page for quick access.
* If you haven't written your "thank you" note yet, take 10 seconds and go sign in at Defend America. They have made it real easy for you.
When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of empire building by George Bush.
He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those that did not return."
It became very quiet in the room.
Snopes says this is true.