Indigo Insights

Tuesday, July 22, 2003
 
Name Change
A more appropriate name for my site may be "Jade" Insights, rather than "Indigo" Insights, since this editor is totally jaded! Physically and mentally. There are several items in the news today that I'd comment on, if I had the energy. But alas. By the time I get my "get up and go" up, Rottweiler Man, McGehee, Possum Man, Bubba, Rachel, Peoria Pundit, Chuck Myguts, and others whose words flow effortlessly from their fingers like sand in an hour glass, have already posted and done it better than I could on my best day. So here's what to do, Dear Hearts and Gentle People, click on some of those links and get the very best journalistic input available on the Hussein brothers, Jessica, Monrovia, the criminal basketball players, or the child murderers of the day. As for me, I'm leaving you with the following, which obviously took no effort on my part.


Mail Box -- Tom, Salt Lake City

The Intelligence Riddle

George W. Bush is hanging out with the Queen of England. He asks her: "Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can give to me?"
The Queen says: "Well, the most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people."
Bush frowns and replies: "Well, how do I know the people around me are really intelligent?"
The Queen takes a little sip of tea and says: "Oh, that's easy. You just ask them to answer an intelligence riddle." The Queen pushes the button on her intercom and says: "Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?"
Tony Blair walks into the room and says: "Yes, my Queen?"
The Queen smiles at Tony and says: "Tony, answer me this, please. Your mother and father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"
Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair says: "Well, that would be me."
The Queen smiles and says: "Yes! Very good. Thank you!"
"Your Majesty," says Blair, and takes his leave.

Back at the White House, Bush is a bit puzzled. He asks to speak with Vice President Dick Cheney.
"Hey Dick, answer this for me, would you? Your mother and your father have a child. It's not your brother and it's not your sister. Who is it?"
Cheney frowns and says: "Geez, I'm not sure. Lemme get back to you on that one."
With all that this implies, Bush was upset that Cheney didn't know the answer. Cheney goes to all his advisors and asks everyone he can, but no one can give him an answer. Finally, he ends up in the men's room and recognizes Colin Powell's shoes in the next stall.
Cheney shouts over to him: "Hey Colin! Can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child and it's not your brother or your sister. Who is it?"
Powell flushes the toilet and yells back: "Hey, that's easy. It's me!"
Cheney smiles and yells, "Thanks!"

Cheney hurriedly goes back to the Oval Office and tells Bush: "Hey, I finally figured out the answer to that riddle! It's Colin Powell!"
Bush gets up and angrily stomps over to Dick Cheney and yells right into Dick's face: "No, you idiot! It's Tony Blair!"