Indigo Insights

Sunday, August 10, 2003
 
Dear Ignaty

Summer vacation time has been so busy, I have relied too much (I thought) on pasting material on my weblog. But response to the email you sent me has been very enthusiastic and gratifying. Guess the lesson learned is sort of like "if you build it, they will come" -- or in this case, if you paste it AND IT'S GOOD, they'll visit. A couple of nice guys from the Blogosphere, here and here, picked this up and more people read it than otherwise would have. Following are some of the comments, as I promised you:


Your Attention Please
Go read Indigo. Now.
Be sure not to miss this one in particular, but there's more than that worth checking out.
Posted by McGehee


August 09, 2003 go read this post
And I mean right now.
If the Blogger bug screws up the link, just scroll down to "Mailbox." You won't regret it.
Posted by Acidman @ 09:37 PM •

Comment: I read it and I applaud her. My husband was in the Gulf War, he was in Somalia when the Rangers were shot down, he was in the Vietnam War and I know exactly how this lady feels.
Posted by Debbi at August 9, 2003 09:58 PM

Comment: That was truly awesome. My son-in-law is leaving for Iraq supposedly this Wednesday, leaving our daughter and two baby sons for perhaps up to a year. He will be missing their 3rd Anniversary, Thanksgiving, Christmas, both sons' birthdays, his birthday, and our daughter's birthday. However, he is proud to go, it is what he says he has trained for, and he knows that it is what he does for a living. His parents, who live in upstate New York, hold the same sentiments that those two dimwits voiced. So he turns to us for support and encouragement because both my husband and I come from long military backgrounds. I hope people realize that, for every military unit, squadron, ship, etc., coming back, others are taking their place; and that it is not over yet.
Posted by Laura at August 9, 2003 10:00 PM

Comment: Thank you for pointing that out, Rob. Wow.
Posted by stevie at August 9, 2003 10:34 PM

Comment: Outstanding!
Posted by Pedro the Ignorant at August 9, 2003 10:34 PM

Comment: Thanks for the scoop, Indigo and Acidman. Great story.
Posted by asm at August 10, 2003 06:57 AM


Chronologically Advanced™

Some of the artists from the 60's are re-releasing their hits with new lyrics to accommodate us . . . good news, for those feeling a little older and missing those great old tunes.
~~ Herman's Hermits - "Mrs. Brown, You've Got A Lovely Walker"
~~ The Bee Gees - "How Can You Mend A Broken Hip"
~~ The Temptations - "Papa's Got A Kidney Stone"
~~ Ringo Starr - "I Get By With A Little Help From Depends"
~~ Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grape Nuts"
~~ Procol Harem - "A Whiter Shade Of Hair"
~~ Johnny Nash - "I Can't See Clearly Now"
~~ Leo Sayer - "You Make Me Feel Like Napping"
~~ ABBA - "Denture Queen"
~~ Paul Simon - "Fifty Ways To Lose Your Liver"
~~ Roberta Flack - "The First Time I Ever Forgot Your Face"
~~ Commodores - "Once, Twice, Three Times To The Bathroom"
~~ Rolling Stones - "You Can't Always Pee When You Want"
~~ Bobby Darin - "Splish, Splash, I Was Havin' A Flash"