Indigo Insights

Tuesday, January 27, 2004
 
indigoinsights[at]hotmail[dot]com


RICHARD REID, THE "SHOE BOMBER"

Remember the guy who got on a plane with a bomb built into his shoe and tried to light it? Did you know his trial is over? Did you know he was sentenced? Did you see/hear any of the judge's comments on TV/Radio? - - - Didn't think so. Everyone should hear what the judge had to say. (I had not seen this before today. Perhaps you, too. To whomever I owe thanks for the link, thank you. For the life of me, I can't find you again! Sorry.)

Ruling by Judge William Young, U.S. District Court. Prior to sentencing, the Judge asked the defendant if he had anything to say. After admitting his guilt to the court for the record, Reid also admitted his "allegiance to Osama bin Laden, to Islam, and to the religion of Allah," defiantly stated "I think I ought not apologize for my actions," and told the court "I am at war with your country." Judge Young then delivered the statement quoted below (link here) on January 30, 2003 United States vs. Reid.


TIMELY TIP

Keep a watch out for people standing near you at retail stores, restaurants, grocery stores, etc., who have a cell phone in hand. With the new camera cell phones, they can take a picture of your credit card, which gives them your name, number, and expiration date. Identification theft is one of the fastest growing scams today, and this is just another example of the means that are being used. So be aware of your surroundings.


>^..^<
Never thought I'd have a positive thing to say about PETA, but this moves me to say "Sic 'er, Ingrid!"
Thanks to Betsy for link. MOF, Betsy's entire Monday blog is worth your reading time. That gal can get on a roll!!!

>^..^<
John of Argghhh posted the following. Too good not to purloin!
WHY IS IT THAT WE HAVE TO SPEAK ENGLISH?
An officer in the US Naval reserve was attending a conference that included admirals from both the US Navy and the French Navy. At a cocktail reception, he found himself in a small group that included personnel from both navies. The French admiral started complaining that whereas Europeans learned many languages, Americans learned only English. He then asked: "Why is it that we have to speak English in these conferences rather than you speak French?" Without hesitating, the American Admiral replied: "Maybe it's because the British, Canadians, Australians and Americans arranged it so you would not have to speak German." The group became silent.


SENIOR MOMENTS™

Two Old Ladies
It was a small town and the patrolman was making his evening rounds. As he was checking a used car lot, he came upon two little old ladies sitting in a used car. He stopped and asked them if they were stealing the car. They said heavens no, they had bought it. He said, then why don't you drive it away. They said we can't drive. He said, then why did you buy it? They answered, we were told if we bought a car here, we'd get screwed, so we are just waiting.

Grandma's Boyfriend
A five year old boy went to visit his grandmother one day. While playing with his toys in her bedroom, while Gramma was dusting, he looked up and said, "Grandma, how come you don't have a boyfriend?"
Grandma replied, "Honey, my TV is my boyfriend. I can sit in my bedroom and watch it all day long. The TV evangelists keep me company and make me feel good. The comedies make me laugh. I'm so happy with my TV as my boyfriend."
Gramma turned on the TV and the reception was terrible. She started adjusting the knobs, trying to get the picture in focus. Frustrated, she started hitting the backside of the TV hoping to fix the problem. The little boy heard the doorbell ring, so he hurried to open the door, and there stood Grandma's minister.
The minister said, "Hello, son. Is your grandma home?"
The little boy replied, "Yeah, she's in the bedroom bangin' her boyfriend."

Welcome Grandma
"Oh, I sure am happy to see you, " the little boy said to his grandmother on his mother's side. "Now maybe Daddy will do the trick he has been promising us."
The grandmother was curious. "What trick is that?" she asked.
"I heard him tell Mommy that he would climb the walls if you came to visit us again!", the little boy answered.


LET'S WEAR PURPLE HATS!!
In honor of women's history month and in memory of Erma Bombeck who lost her fight with cancer.

IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER - by Erma Bombeck
(written after she found out she was dying from cancer).

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner." There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's."

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute...look at it and really see it... live it... and never give it back. Stop sweating the small stuff.

Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what.

Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who DO love us.

Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with. And what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally. I hope you all have a blessed day.