Indigo Insights

Monday, January 26, 2004
 
indigoinsights[at]hotmail[dot]com

>^..^< North State Blogger, Mike, of Blagh.com, has an excellent post on his thoughts regarding MLK Day. Please go read it here. If he's not a fraidy-cat (like me!!) perhaps he'll get Comments up so you readers can give him feedback. His writing is quite insightful and he is interested in building his blog and readership.
UPDATE: SM™ oooops! Mike DOES have comments. Tell him something!

>^..^< Remember: To keep current on the Kenneth Walker case, visit Chuck's update page. A local newspaper account dated Jan. 16 can be seen here. This site would not allow copying, but is worth a read if you go there.

>^..^< WebMD Health had a very timely article on "How to Beat the Winter Doldrums", that I wanted to link here for reader perusal. In reading some of the blogs since Christmas, I believe the Doldrums are a bit ubiquitous. But unfortunately, WebMD will not link. Pity. It offered good information and tips. Google might get it for you.


OUTSTANDING QUOTES ON AGING

Don't worry about avoiding temptation...
As you grow older, it will avoid you.
~Unknown

Maybe it's true that life begins at fifty.
But everything else starts to wear out, fall out, or spread out.
~Unknown

Doctor to patient:
I have good news and bad news.
The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac.
~Unknown

By the time a man is wise enough to watch his step,
he's too old to go anywhere.
~Unknown

It's hard to be nostalgic when you can't remember anything.
~Unknown


WHERE IS NIRVANA?

When I went to lunch today, I noticed an old lady sitting on a park bench sobbing her eyes out. I stopped and asked her what was wrong.
She said, "I have a 22 year old husband at home. He makes love to me every morning and then gets up and makes me pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit and freshly ground coffee."
"Well, then why are you crying?" I asked.
She said, "He makes me homemade soup for lunch and my favorite brownies and then makes love to me for half the afternoon."
"So, why are you crying?"
She said, "For dinner he makes me a gourmet meal with wine and my favorite dessert and then makes love to me until 2:00 a.m."
"Well, why in the world would you be crying?" I asked again.
"I can't remember where I live!" she wailed.