Indigo Insights

Friday, February 13, 2004
 
>^..^< PUSSYFOOTIN'™


>^..^<
Can You Hear Me Now (CYHMN henceforth, in lieu of a name!) speaks for us all when he asks: "How long are we as consumers going to put up with the practice of over-booking and the thoughtlessness of professional care givers?" Go read It appears that mankind is born to WAIT.

>^..^<
Good suggestion from Rivrdog to Paul Bremer.

>^..^<
McGehee says maybe Kerry could be cloned!

>^..^<
These bloggers also have a say:
Bejus Pundit: Kerry cheated on wife...
TacJammer: Personally, I don't buy it. This is John "Cash And" Kerry we're talking about here... and after all, how rich is a mere intern likely to be?
Betsy: Kerry might be able to get by with the American people by apologizing for his mistakes and saying that it is all private business. However, Teresa might have other thoughts.
Fox on the Water: J.F. Kerry, unzipped?
Terpsboy posts an obituary.
Litte Tiny Lies says DAMNATION
A Small Victory: Drudge forgot to take his meds again
GOP.com: Videos chronicling Kerry evolution on WMDs in his own words.
Say Uncle: The Sharks Are Circling
Andrew Sullivan says "Perhaps the best idea at this point is for me (and others) to shut up." [That's why he gets the big bucks!]


Subject: WAR IS NOT HELL

Last week an elderly Italian man asked the local priest to hear his confession:

"Father, during World War II a beautiful woman knocked on my door and asked me to hide her from the Germans. I hid her in my attic."
The priest replied, "That was a wonderful thing to do and you have no need to confess."
"It's worse than I've told you so far, Father. I was weak and she was beautiful and I told her she must repay me with her sexual favors. And she had no real choice and so she did that."
"Well, times were very difficult, and you were both in great danger and would have suffered terribly if the Germans had found her. I am sure that God, in his wisdom and mercy, will balance the good and the evil and will judge you kindly and with compassion for your humanity. You are forgiven."
"Thank you, Father. That's a great load off my mind. I have one more question."
"And what is that, my son?"
"Should I tell her that the war is over?"


BATTLE OF THE SEXES

"Cash, check or charge?" I asked, after folding items the woman wished to purchase. As she fumbled for her wallet I noticed a remote control for a television set in her purse.
"So, do you always carry your TV remote?" I asked.
"No," she replied, "but my husband refused to come shopping with me, so I figured this was the most legal evil thing I could do to him."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man said to his wife one day, "I don't know how you can be so stupid and so beautiful all at the same time.
The wife responded, "Allow me to explain. God made me beautiful so you would be attracted to me; God made me stupid so I would be attracted to you!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man and his wife were having an argument about who should brew the coffee each morning.
The wife said, "You should do it, because you get up first, and then we don't have to wait as long to get our coffee."
The husband said, " You are in charge of cooking around here and you should do it, because that is your job, and I can just wait for my coffee."
Wife replies, "No, you should do it, and besides, it is in the Bible that the man should do the coffee."
Husband replies, "I can't believe that, show me."
So she fetched the Bible, and opened the New Testament and showed him at the top of several pages, that it indeed says....... "HEBREWS"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A man has six children and is very proud of his achievement. He is so proud of himself, that he starts calling his wife, "Mother of Six" in spite of her objections. One night, they go to a party. The man decides that it's time to go home and wants to find out if his wife is ready to leave as well. He shouts at the top of his voice, "Shall we go home Mother of Six?'" His wife, irritated by her husband's lack of discretion shouts right back, "Anytime you're ready, Father of Four."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~