Indigo Insights

Thursday, April 15, 2004
 
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. -- Frank Lloyd Wright


U.S. Senator Zell Miller
Floor Statement: 'A House Divided Cannot Stand'
Remarks as Delivered on the Senate Floor


After watching the harsh acrimony generated by the September 11 Commission – which, let me say at the outset, is made up of good and able members – I’ve come to seriously question this panel’s usefulness. I believe it will ultimately play a role in doing great harm to this country, for its unintended consequences, I fear, will be to energize our enemies and demoralize our troops.

Read Senator Miller's statement in its entirety here.



Two Old Men, Two Different Standards
La Shawn Barber, April 13, 2004


"I deliberately waited to see what would result from Sen. Chris Dodd's remarks about Sen. Robert Byrd before blogging about it. As I suspected, not much happened. It's been 13 days since Dodd made remarks much more racially insensitive than anything Trent Lott ever said. Where is the liberal outrage and indignation of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC)?"

Follow this link to the entire post and don't miss any of it. Classic La Shawn.



~~ KID STUFF ~~

Lost in the Service

One Sunday morning, the pastor noticed little Johnny standing in the foyer of the church, looking at a large plaque that hung there. After the young man of seven had stood there for some time, the pastor walked up beside him and said quietly,

"Good morning, son."

"Good morning, Pastor," replied the youngster, not taking his eyes off the plaque. "Can I ask you, Sir, what is this for? Why are all these names listed on here?"

"Well, son, these are all the people who have died in the service," replied the pastor. Soberly, they stood together, staring up at the large plaque.

Little Johnny's voice barely broke the silence when he asked quietly, "Which one, Sir, the 8:30 or the 10:30?"

[thanks to Kristi, Greenville, NC]



MORE FROM THE TWISTED MIND OF STEVEN WRIGHT

*****I have a microwave fireplace in my house...The other night I laid down in front of the fire for the evening in two minutes.
*****One night I walked home very late and fell asleep in somebody's satellite dish. My dreams were showing up on TV's all over the world.
*****I was born by Caesarian section...but not so you'd notice. It's just that when I leave a house, I go out through the window.
*****I bought a self learning record to learn Spanish. I turned it on and went to sleep; the record got stuck. The next day I could only stutter in Spanish.
*****I put contact lenses in my dog's eyes. They had little pictures of cats on them. Then I took one out and he ran around in circles.
*****I spilled spot remover on my dog. He's gone now.



>^..^< PUSSYFOOTIN'™

>^..^< Strange Cosmos has the visuals on USMC Reserve Lcpl Boudreaux. Here's the inflammatory one and here's the one that probably will not get wide circulation - the real one.

>^..^< Ever hear of "Operation Bojinka"? I had not until yesterday when I surfed into it here
and here. Interesting.

>^..^< Rivrdog states my present state of mind pretty well in his Pump Up the Volume post.

>^..^<™ UPDATE
>^..^< Here are some weblogs hosted by military people from all branches of the armed forces: active, retired, and/or family members. These are just a few that I came across; you can find others through the links on these sites. Visit them for their up-to-date perspectives and reactions to world news. There is much wise insight in the words of these Americans. Their words might be a bit offensive to some ears (or eyes) but they didn't learn their vocabularies at Dr. Seuss University. Most of them learned while protecting their country and YOU.

Baldilocks
Straight White Guy
Smoke on the Water
Rivrdog
Bejus Pundit
Mostly Cajun
Deuddersun
Oohrah
Serenity's Journal
John of Argghhh
Jennifer Martinez
Dog Snot Diaries
Halls to the Shores
DT MAN
Mad Mikey
Black Five
Iraq Now
Chaos Central
Intel Dump
Bloodletting
Iraq War News
No Quarters