Indigo Insights

Monday, April 19, 2004
 
We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box. ~~Anonymous


>^..^< PUSSYFOOTIN'™

>^..^< During Sunday Surfing I stopped by Iraq War News (BrandonBlog) for more catch-up blog reading, after the last few weeks of my lethargy. How touched and honored I was to find that Patti had listed Indigo Insights under Patriotic Links. As an observer of American history since WWII, who has gratefully supported our country's military but done little tangible to thank them, I am most proudly fulfilled that Patti sees something patriotically worthwhile in Indigo Insights.

>^..^< COME ON, PEOPLE NOW! SMILE ON YOUR BROTHER! Thanks to The Yorkie Lady for the reminder.

>^..^< La Shawn Barber shared an interesting observation on April 15: Kerry Likes Blacks in Churches But Not In His Inner Circle. (Told you I'm catching up!) If you check this one out, don't miss the comments.

>^..^< “A liberal Massachusetts Senator like John Kerry will not resonate with North Carolina voters - including many from his own party,” said U.S. Senator Elizabeth Dole. “Senator Kerry’s plans to raise taxes will not be received favorably across the South, and his voting record clearly demonstrates that he is out of touch with the values held by folks down here,” Dole added.

>^..^< The Politburo Diktat has organized a directory of outstanding blogs. Some of my favorites are there. Bet yours are too. Here's the Directory. Links courtesy of Ramblings.

>^..^< Military Humor - a la GOC. Funny stuff. Go get a grin.

>^..^< If you can keep your sense of humor while all around you are falling down in a pile of grief. Then.You.Are.A.Man. Cancergiggles proves it.

>^..^< Cute cartoon at The Smallest Minority, but for more accuracy, the cartoonist should have used "Dr" instead of "Ms" for Condi Rice. JMO.

>^..^< Thanks to S-Train for the MP3s of Fantasia Barrino. Guess I'll have to give that show a look, if Fantasia is representative of the performers on American Idol. Heard a lot about it - especially when the Raleigh guy went runner-up last year - but never actually caught the show. After hearing the Fantasia Barrino voice, I'm hooked.



CIVIL WAR SOLDIER'S PRAYER

A prayer by an American Confederate soldier, seriously disabled in the Civil War, is a beautiful example of the depths of discovery of the gifts of suffering that a wound can bring.

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve,
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do great things,
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy,
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men,
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life,
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for-but everything I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.


~~ KID STUFF ~~

TEACHER: What is the chemical formula for water?
SARAH: H I J K L M N O!!
TEACHER: What are you talking about?
SARAH: Yesterday you said it's H to O!

TEACHER: George, go to the map and find North America.
GEORGE: Here it is!
TEACHER: Correct. Now class, who discovered America?
CLASS: George!

TEACHER: Willie, name one important thing we have today that we didn't have ten years ago.
WILLIE: Me!

TEACHER: Tommy, why do you always get so dirty?
TOMMY: Well, I'm a lot closer to the ground than you are.

TEACHER: Ellen, give me a sentence starting with "I."
ELLEN: I is...
TEACHER: No, Ellen..... Always say, "I am."
ELLEN: All right... "I am the ninth letter of the alphabet."



SENIOR MOMENTS™

An old lady was standing at the railing of the cruise ship holding her hat on tightly so that it would not blow off in the wind. A gentleman approached her and said: "Pardon me, madam. I do not intend to be forward, but did you know that your dress is blowing up in this high wind?" "Yes, I know," said the lady, "I need both hands to hold onto this hat." "But, madam, you must know that your privates are exposed!" said the gentleman in earnest. The woman looked down, then back up at the man and replied, "Sir, anything you see down there is 85 years old. I just bought this hat yesterday!"