Indigo Insights

Tuesday, December 14, 2004
 
PUSSYFOOTIN'™
with Lynx



>^..^< Marine for Life Program

>^..^< All Things Southern is a great site, found over at Gone South. Thanks for this one, Janis.

>^..^< Baldilocks had a nice feature on a blog from my only friend in france, Jack of Random Fate. Like I said before, Jack's head is planted firmly. But then, so is Baldilocks'.

>^..^< Deudderson has returned to his blog. Looks like sports has invigorated him. But Philadelphia? Who knew? Hey Deud, I worked with the Eagles in my previous life!!!

>^..^< Mamamontezz uses one of her unique poems, The Twelve Days of Christmas, Baghdad Style to remind us of how great a package from home is. If you have procrastinated and can't make it in time for Christmas, a Happy New Year package would be a wonderful surprise too!

>^..^< "Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared." – Buddha [December 8 marked Rohatsu, the day the Buddha achieved enlightenment. How much do you know about Buddhist enlightenment? Take the quiz.]


INCOMING
from Kristi, Greenville, NC


Buying Stamps for Hanukkah
A woman goes to the post office to buy stamps for her Hanukkah cards.
She says to the clerk, "May I have 50 Hanukkah stamps?"
The clerk says, "What denomination?"
The woman replies, "Oh my. Has it come to this? Give me 6 Orthodox, 12 Conservative, and 32 Reform."


INCOMING
from Karl, Hubert, NC


Subject: Passport
A group of Americans, retired teachers, recently went to France on a tour. Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French Customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on bag.

"You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked sarcastically. Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously. "Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."

Mr. Whiting replied, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show my passport"

"Impossible. Americans always have to show your passports on arrival in France!"

The American senior gave the French customs officer a long hard look. Then he quietly explained: "Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to show it to!"