Indigo Insights

Monday, February 28, 2005
 
AND ANOTHER THING - - -


PUSSYFOOTIN'™
with Lynx


>^..^< La Shawn Barber has her own take on the Academy Awards. See it and don't miss the commenters.

>^..^< Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuse me!!! Big Faux Pas it seems not to announce and welcome new members to the blogroll. So without further ado here's a big, Indigo, North Carolina welcome to Chuck of You Big Mouth, You!

>^..^< There were other newly-added also. i.e.: The Dirty Ashtray, The Boiling Point, Mr. Helpful. (see links in Blogroll) And maybe even more that I can't readily think of. To those I say, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me! I'll try to make a big thing out of adding to the blogroll in the future. (geeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzz) Seriously, guys, I apologize!

>^..^< Bloggers are picking up on the "Sound of the South" reissue. Please be advised that the song is "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" -- not Zip-It-Dee-Do-Dah. The music may be heard here. About half way down the page, you can see the movie bill from the 1959 release. The original movie was released in 1946. ZIP-A-DEE-DOO-DAH, ya'll!!! I'm trying to find the lyrics - but from memory: Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-A-Dee-Yay! My, oh My - What a wonderful Day. Plenty of sunshine coming my way! Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah! Zip-A-Dee-Yay. Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder; It's the truth; it's actual. Everything is sat-is-factual! Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, etc., etc., And speaking of Academy Awards, this movie received three nominations. One award went to James Bassett who played Uncle Remus and another award went to "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" for the best song. Not too shabby.
>^..^< He Who Needs No Linkage recalls getting a "butt-whuppin'" to the tune of another 40s tune: Straighten Up and Fly Right, from WW2.

>^..^< E-mail welcomed at indigoinsightsAThotmailDOTcom