Indigo Insights

Saturday, February 05, 2005
 
CLARIFY! CLARIFY! DANCE TO THE MUSIC!

I had to add an UPDATE on yesterday's "What They Call Me" to clarify that I was not speaking for myself, but merely "pasting" something I found on the internet. Actually, I thought it was a rather cute and ironic piece to follow Acidman's cat bomb! LOL Maggot even thought I was comparing myself to all those descriptions. NOT. He/she especially objected to the "Beautiful" part! heh! No longer, Maggot, no longer. But, hey, not too bad for a great grandmother, if I do say so myself. Let's just say I do the best I can with what's left! In a fair comparison of myself to the piece, I'd have to admit:

I DO stand up for myself and my beliefs.

I DO stand up for those I love.

I DO speak my mind, think my own thoughts and do things my own way.

I WON'T compromise what's in my heart.

I DO live my life MY way.

I DO refuse to tolerate injustice and speak against it.

ALL my time IS for myself because I live alone.

I DO allow myself to be who I truly am and won't become anyone else's idea of what they think I "should" be.

I AM outspoken, opinionated and determined. I want what I want and there is nothing wrong with that!

But, according to friends, old and new, most relatives, and my minister, I don't quite make the "bitch" category. It could be the above characteristics have to be buffered with attitude to be a full-fledged B-Girl. The rest was B.S. as Acidman said.



SENIOR MOMENT

If my body were a car, this is the time I would begin thinking about trading it in for a newer model. I've got bumps and dents and scratches in my finish and my paint job is getting a little dull, but that's not the worst of it.

My fenders are too wide to be considered stylish. They were once as sleek as a little MG; now they look more like my mother's old Buick.

My seat cushions have split open at the seams. My seats are sagging.

Seat belts? I gave up all belts when Ben & Jerry's opened a shop in my neighborhood.

Air bags? Forget it. The only bags I have these days are under my eyes. Not counting the saddlebags, of course.

I have sooooo many miles on my odometer. Sure, I've been many places and seen many things, but when' s the last time an appraiser factored life experiences against depreciation?

My headlights are out of focus and it's especially hard to see things up close.

My reaction is not as graceful as it once was. I slip and slide and skid and bump into things even in the best of weather.

My whitewalls are stained with varicose veins. It takes me hours to reach my maximum speed. I'm burning fuel at an inefficient rate.

But here's the worst of it - almost every time I sneeze, cough or sputter - I leak oil. I'm so ready for a trade in!

Anyone know where I can get a good deal?



The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.
~~ Walter Bagehot


The greatest use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.
~~ William James



PUSSYFOOTIN'™
with Lynx


>^..^< Didn't you just love The Hug? Sailor is featuring a very good article from John PodHoretz, New York Post, about The Hug. (And this link was typed before his lovely anniversary congratulations! Thanks, Sailor.)

>^..^< Chuck has bought a ring. Remains to be seen if he's going to pay for a wedding.

>^..^< No Crud in 2005 Super Bowl Ads

>^..^< What a hornet's nest over at Sandy's! Another example of just sitting around the house, minding your own business, and WHAM! A hornet's nest!

>^..^< Jack's language seems to have deteriorated since he moved to france, but he still has a darn good blog!! tsk, tsk

>^..^< The Yorkie Lady (she's NOT grouchy!!) has some interesting thoughts on a Christian's view of homosexuality.

>^..^< Mike King says Janeane Garofalo isn't funny anymore. Who knew?

>^..^< SgtMgr over at The Quonset Hut reminds us that this month is National Salute to Hospitalized Veterans.

>^..^< Getting a head start, Dash has put up my favorite Redneck Valentine Love Poem on The Boiling Point. I just can't pick out a favorite verse, so go read 'em all.

>^..^< indigoinsights[at]hotmail[dot]com

>^..^< Oh, and thanks, Key, for "getting it."