Indigo Insights

Sunday, February 13, 2005
 
Still in the throes of Zoster and hadn't planned to post today. But I received some beautiful words from my beautiful friend, Carolyn, and they cry out to be shared. Please open your heart to these quotations, even though many of the authors you may not be familiar with. Carolyn is a spiritual artist and finds material in places and books that most of us never see.


INCOMING
from Carolyn, Wallace, NC

I included some quotes for you below, some
food for thought and points to ponder. Enjoy.



"I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I do this?
Henceforth will I look on all things with love and I will be born again.
I will love the sun for it warms my bones;
yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit.
I will love the light for it shows me the way;
yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars.
I will welcome happiness for it enlarges my heart;
yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul.
I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due;
yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge."
~~Og Mandino


"Love means to commit oneself without guarantee,
to give oneself completely in the hope that
our love will produce love in the loved person.
Love is an act of faith,
and whoever is of little faith is of little love."
~~Erich Fromm


"Let there be no purpose in friendship save the deepening of the spirit.
For love that seeks aught but the disclosure of it's own mystery
is not love but a net cast forth, and only the unprofitable is caught...
And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter, and sharing of pleasures.
For in the dew of little things, the heart finds it's morning and is refreshed."
~~Kahlil Gibran


There is a wonderful, mystical law of nature
that the three things we crave most in life -
- happiness, freedom, and peace of mind -
- are always attained by giving them to someone else.
~~Unknown


Friendship improves happiness and abates misery
by doubling our joy and dividing our grief.
~~Anon


"Sometimes our light goes out but is blown into a flame
by another human being. Each of us owes deepest
thanks to those who have rekindled this light."
~~Albert Schweitzer


Don't sacrifice your life to work and ideals.
The most important things in life
are human relationships.
I found that out too late.
~~Katherine Prichard


A good heart is better than all the heads in the world.
~~Edward Lytton


Joy exists only in self-acceptance.
Seek perfect acceptance, not a perfect life.
~~Anon