Indigo Insights

Wednesday, February 16, 2005
 
This is where I live.
This is why I'm proud to live here.


CHERRY POINT - Deploying Marine Cpl. Chris Clerico got a tearful farewell from his mother Tuesday at Cherry Point Marine Corps Air Station. "He wanted to be a Marine and I feel that's what he really is, a true Marine," Arlene Clerico said of her son. "We just want him to come home safe. We'll miss him, of course."

Read the entire article here and maybe you'll get a feel for how proud I am every day to be surrounded by United States Marines.

The link is from the official website of the Corps.


"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!"
~Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945