Indigo Insights

Sunday, September 25, 2005
 
HOORAY FOR REDNECKS!


Guy, of Charming fame, makes frequent references to rednecks, mostly poking fun at himself. So when I received the following e-mail, I immediately thought of Guy and all the wonderful rednecks I have known. But Guy is only a pretender to the King of Rednecks throne. My BlogDaddy, Ol' Chuck of redneckin, carries the scepter and wears the crown!!


Here's just a little something on behalf of all our redneck friends and families!

We have enjoyed the "redneck" jokes for years. It's time to take a reflective look at the core beliefs of a culture that values God, home, family, and country. If I had to stand before a dozen terrorists who threaten my life, I'd choose a half dozen or so rednecks to back me up. I hope I am one of those. If you feel the same, pass this on to your redneck friends.

Ya'll know who ya' are...


You might be a Redneck if:

1. It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, "One nation, under God."

2. You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

3. You still say "Christmas" instead of "Winter Festival."

4. You remove your hat and bow your head when anyone prays.

5 . You stand and place your hand over your heart when they play our National Anthem.

6. You treat Viet Nam vets with great respect, and always have.

7. You've never burned an American flag, but would kick someone's butt who did.

8.. You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

9. You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

10. You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

Rednecks take a lot of flack from folks around the country, but there is something to be said for the values they uphold! If you got this email from me, it is because I believe that you, like me, have just enough Red Neck in you to have the same beliefs as those talked about above.

[Received this email from three different keypals: Ty, Don, and Eddie.]