Indigo Insights

Tuesday, November 22, 2005
 
And MERRY CHRISTMAS To You Too!


From time to time you may have noticed a reference to "Miss Edna" here at Indigo Insights. Miss Edna is the nom de plume of my daughter. I have changed her name on the following email to protect the guilty. She sent me a copy of the email reply she forwarded to Wal-Mart in response to their online promotion for a huge sale. In case anyone is keeping score of retailers who are not celebrating Christmas this year, I wanted to share this with the Blogosphere.


From: Miss Edna
To: Wal-Mart Wire
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 10:15 PM
Subject: Re: 5 Days of Super Savings, Only Online

Due to your recent decision not to have your emploees/greeters say Merry Christmas, I will not be spending my money with you any longer. I'm sure you won't miss me, but I have been a very good customer of yours for many years. I usually spend from $1000 - $2000 dollars with you each Christmas season. Not any longer though. Nor will I take my 4 vehicles in to have oil changes and tires rotated and balanced. I will miss Wal-Mart, but not enough that you can offend me by not wishing me a Merry Christmas as in years past. May God bless you and Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Sincerely,
Miss Edna
Winterville, NC 28590