Indigo Insights

Friday, November 18, 2005
 
OH NO, MR BILL!!!
I've Been Tagged!


Everybody in the 'sphere knows I'm too old to play tag. But a sweet young mother, with a cupcake of a daughter, has tagged me and I just don't have the heart to tell her I'm an ornery old beach biddy who doesn't cooperate!!!
Sooooooooooooooooooo - - -


Seven things to do before I die:
1. Cancel my dental appointment.
2. Finish knitting the sweater that is cluttering up the road to hell - you know, the Good Intentions one?
3. Organize 70 years of photographs. (I should live so long!)
4. Re-do my will. My attorney died last week. (NK)
5. Provide for Karma Jean, Elizabeth, and Sara Lee. (my furry children)
6. Write down some secret recipes.
7. Book a really good band for my memorial service.
(You see, younguns, priorities change as you age. I've already done most of the fun and interesting things I'd want to do. Now I need to take care of necessities.)


Seven things I cannot do:
1. Play the piano anymore. Miss this a lot.
2. Cook anymore. I really miss cooking too. I always said, "Show me a fat lady and I'll show you a good cook"
3. Dance anymore.
4. Fix any problem with my computer.
5. Read as much as I'd like.
6. Drive my car.
7. Flower garden.


Seven things that attract me to Hubby:
Since I don't have my husband now, I'm going to list the ones Samantha listed for her husband. I would have listed the same attributes when my husband was with me. They're good ones. Well, maybe change #3 to "Sports".
1. His faith.
2. His sharp mind.
3. His interest in sci fi and fantasy.
4. His odd ball sense of humor.
5. His attention to detail.
6. His laugh.
7. His child like innocence about some things most of the time


Seven things I say most often:
1. You've got to be kidding!
2. Ready to go outside? (to dog)
3. Sorry, I've already given to my favorite charities this year.
4. (bleep)
5. (bleep)
6. (bleep)
7. (Surely you jest. My minister reads my blog!)


Seven books I love
1. The Source
2. Road Less Traveled
3. Wisdom of the Native Americans
4. Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee
5. Encyclopedia of Southern Culture (A "friend" asked me if the pages were blank! I'm still smarting over that.)
6. Conversations with God
7. Holy Bible


Seven movies I watch over and over again:
1. Dances with Wolves
2. Scent of a Woman
3. any Dirty Harry
4. Saving Private Ryan
5. Heartbreak Ridge
6. The Sound of Music
7. Gone With the Wind (yeah, yeah. I know!)


Seven people I want to join in, too:
This must be the list of people I'm supposed to tag. But it would be the height of hipocrisy for me to go there, since I have already declined to do this on several occasions. So my friends get a pass!

(See? I told you it would be boring, Sam!)