Indigo Insights

Saturday, June 14, 2003
 
Caveman Narrator
The much touted Walking with Cavemen will be televised tomorrow night at 8:00 on the Discovery Channel. Discovery and History channels, plus a few talking heads, furnish the majority of my tv viewing and I have been looking forward to the Cavemen show. Discovery Channel has announced and hyped the show for a couple of weeks now. The date is circled on my calendar to assure I wouldn't miss it. TV Guide has several promos in print this week, but until yesterday I had seen no mention of a narrator in the television spots. Now I learn that in the tradition of Discovery Channel's realism, an authentic caveman will be narrating. Alec Baldwin certainly appeared Neanderthal in the televised Bush-bashing hissy-fit he threw on the Tonight Show a couple of months ago. Anyhow, I pass. I really can't take two hours of Baldwin.