Indigo Insights

Monday, June 30, 2003
 
Celebrity Representatives
After I saw James Carville's anemic legs in an Infone commercial on tv, I couldn't help myself. I sent Infone the following email:

To: customerservice@infone.com
Cc: info@infone.com
Subject: James Carville? Pu-Leeeeze!

Bad choice for your representative. Do you have any idea how many people in the USA would like to see him impaled on a utility pole?
Just FYI

Indigo
Swansboro, NC

Infone response:

Thank you for your feedback about Infone and our commercials involving Mr. Carville. We understand your concerns and appreciate your feedback and taking the time to write us. I have forwarded your comments to our Marketing Department

Mr Carville is not a spokesman for infone, he is one of several celebrities we are using. We have several commercials which feature celebrities and non-celebrities. Today, we have a commercial which features Jesse Ventura, former governor of Minnesota in addition to James Carville. In addition, there are several other ads which feature non-celebrities ('Animal Control', 'Anniversary', and 'Wife's Birthday').

I have forwarded your feedback to our marketing teams. If you should require further information or have additional questions, please feel free to contact us at our web site (www.infone.com) or simply dial 1-888-411-1111.

Thank You,

Michael Coe, Infone Customer Service

[Well, I was certainly fooled. I could have sworn Carville really was speaking for Infone, since he (or at least his legs) appeared in their commercial with his voice.]