Indigo Insights

Thursday, June 26, 2003
 
Doors and Windows
We've all heard about them, right? Some people believe God closes and opens them. Whatever you believe, if you think back over your life, or just start noticing now, you may agree it is true that when a Life Door closes, a Life Window opens. My hope and prayer is that the Window for Janis is opening and she will notice.


Last Letter Home
Read this last letter home, and check updated Final Roll here.
How many never bought a beer? Please bookmark the Final Roll and visit it to remember American heroes who died for freedom.


USS Clueless: Death courtesy of the Greenies:
"In a conclusion I think few will find surprising, it now appears that Columbia was lost because foam insulation broke loose from its external fuel tank during boost and struck its wing, causing damage to the ceramic tiles on the wing which resulted in catastrophic failure during reentry.

The foam on the fuel tank is sprayed on. In 1997 the formulation used was changed. The new version of the foam seems to be much less satisfactory and has a greater tendency to come off, and this change may end up being the "root cause" of the deaths of 7 good people.

So why was the foam changed? The new foam is "environmentally friendly". The older formulation utilized Freon, the new one doesn't. And the danger from foam fragments was identified five years ago from analysis of the first flight to use the newer foam formulation..."

(Thanks to The Misanthropyst, a wonderful North State blogger who doesn't join NSB because he's The Misanthropyst!) [he says]


What a Great Cripple!
Denny Wilson had a fabulous rant and fisk on Janeane Garofalo on June 23. Go here; scroll down to Cast Off and Janeane; then to "Saturday night, Michael told me about some actress he had seen ranting and raving on the Scarborough show. He couldn't remember her name, so I guessed Susan Saranwrap." Don't miss this.


Walter Williams Says
"The first priority is to stop thugs from making education impossible for everyone else." Read the rest of his commentary on education in Queens, NY. This article is a reality check for those of us who complain about our own school systems.

From The Emperor
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would harm us." George Orwell
Visit The Emperor and Leather Penquin . While you're at Misha's,
read LT Smash's thoughts on the war so far and where we need to go from here.


Kinnarneyisms
++The older you get, the tougher it is to lose weight because by then your body and your fat are really good friends.
++ I gave up jogging for my health when my thighs kept rubbing together and setting my pantyhose on fire.
++ Skinny people irritate me! Especially when they say things like, "You know, sometimes I just forget to eat." Now I've forgotten my address, my mother's maiden name, and my keys. But I've never forgotten to eat. You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat.
++ The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing and then they marry him.
++ I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are: eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day.