Indigo Insights

Friday, June 27, 2003
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAUGHTER-DEAR
Hey Cute Nursey! Do you feel any older today? Man! When I think about how old YOU are, I surely do!!! Coincidentally, Yorkie Blog has published a real life story today that is perfect for your birthday. Don't miss it. It's a great substitute for the Yellow Pages. I even flipped a few pages myself!


Received from a Catholic Friend
(thereby giving me no claim to credit or censure)

A man suffered a serious heart attack and had to have open heart surgery. He awakened to find himself in the care of nuns at a Catholic hospital.

As he was recovering, a nun asked him questions regarding how was he going to pay for the services the hospital had been providing. He was asked if he had health insurance. He replied in a raspy voice, "No health insurance."

The nun asked if he had money in the bank. He replied, "No money in the bank."

The nun asked, "Do you have a relative who could help you?"

He said, "I only have a spinster sister, who is a nun."

The nun testily replied: "Nuns are not spinsters! Nuns are married to God."

The patient replied, "Send the bill to my brother-in-law..."


Ahead of His Time
"There are many who find a good alibi far more attractive than an achievement. For an achievement does not settle anything permanently. We still have to prove our worth anew each day: we have to prove that we are as good today as we were yesterday. But when we have a valid alibi for not achieving anything we are fixed, so to speak, for life." Thomas Sowell says "This is just one of the pungent insights of Eric Hoffer, who died twenty years ago." Read entire essay here. You'll be impressed and uplifted.

QUOTE: "Men often oppose a thing merely because they have had no agency in planning it, or because it may have been planned by those whom they dislike." ~ Alexander Hamilton


Brief blogging today. I have to imagine I'm baking a birthday cake for my daughter!