Indigo Insights

Friday, October 17, 2003
 
indigoinsights [at] hotmail [dot] com
GOOGLING
Google has really done a job on mixing up citations between Indigo Ocean and me. I noticed several searches linking back to Indigo Insights about subjects that had never appeared on Insights. Two that come to mind were "freon" and "Haiti". I caught on to the screw-up when "I'm black" appeared on an Insights Google. I've visited Indigo Ocean's blog from time to time. Her picture appears and it ain't me!! She's a lovely, young, black woman, and I'm a worn-out, old, Caucasian sea hag. If I were the Ocean lady I'd complain to Google!!! (no kidding, Indigo Ocean!)


FAME CAN PENALIZE YOUR FANS
Last night I tried, unsuccessfully, for over two hours to get to On The Third Hand, Gut Rumbles, Jay Solo, Grouchy Old Cripple, South Knox Bubba, Rachel Lucas, Ain't Done It, Say Uncle, Stars N Stripes, Rottweiler Man, and A Small Victory. These popular sites didn't miss one more hit, of course. But I missed visiting them. Does this mean that I have impeccable taste in blogs? Or that the Cyber Gods are PO'd at me again? [These folks don't need the traffic, hence I'm skipping the linking work.]

MONKEYING AROUND
The Monkey Man
has a great essay on self-examination. Go here and read Bias And Blame . It will make you take a new look at yourself.

PEACE
A new business was opening and one of the owner's friends wanted to send him flowers for the occasion. They arrived at the new business site and the owner read the card, "Rest in Peace." The owner was angry and called the florist to complain. After he had told the florist of the obvious mistake and how angry he was, the florist replied, "Sir, I'm really sorry for the mistake, but rather than getting angry, you should imagine this: somewhere there is a funeral taking place today, and they have flowers with a note saying, 'Congratulations on your new location.'"

ONE FOR THE DOCTORS
A distraught senior citizen phoned her doctor's office. "Is it true," she wanted to know, "that the medication you prescribed has to be taken for the rest of my life?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so," the doctor told her.

There was a moment of silence before the senior lady replied, "I'm wondering, then, just how serious is my condition. This prescription is marked 'NO REFILLS'."