Indigo Insights

Sunday, October 12, 2003
 
SUNDAY INDIGO-LIGHT SPECIALS

Dedicated to Whit
Feel better real soon, Dear One.


PRAYER
~Father-Mother-God, Help us remember that the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and was rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, do the laundry and spend a few precious moments with her children.
~Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man who can't make change correctly is a worried 19-year-old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester.
~Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the same spot every day, is a slave to addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.
~Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through the store aisles and blocking our shopping progress are savoring this moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will be the last year that they go shopping together.
~Heavenly Creator, remind us each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the greatest gift is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we hold dear. Open our hearts not to just those who are close to us, but to alL humanity. Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive, show patience, empathy and caring.

ANSWERED PRAYER
A woman received a phone call that her daughter was very sick with a fever. She left work and stopped by the pharmacy for some medication for her daughter. Upon returning to her car, she found she had locked her keys inside. She had to get home to her sick daughter, and didn't know what to do. She called home and the baby sitter told her that her daughter was getting worse. The baby sitter suggested that she get a coat hanger to unlock the door. The woman found an old rusty coat hanger on the ground, as if someone else had locked their keys in their car.

Then she looked at the hanger and said, "I don't know how to use this." She bowed her head and asked God for help. An old rusty car pulled up, driven by a dirty, greasy, bearded man with a biker skull rag on his head. The woman thought, "Great God. This is what you sent to help me????" But she was desperate, and thankful. The man got out of his car and asked if he could help. She said "Yes, my daughter is very sick. I must get home to her. Please, can you use this hanger to unlock my car?" He said, "SURE." and walked over to the car. In seconds the car was opened. She hugged the man and through her tears she said, THANK YOU SO MUCH.... You are a very nice man." The man replied, "Lady, I ain't a nice man. I just got out of prison for car theft."
The woman hugged the man again and cried out loud.....
"THANK YOU GOD FOR SENDING ME A PROFESSIONAL”

HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH
~~Standing for what you believe in regardless of the odds against you, and the pressure that tears at your resistance
...is Courage.
~~Keeping a smile on your face for the sake of supporting others, when inside you feel like dying
...is Strength.
~~Stopping at nothing and doing what's in your heart that you know is right
...is Determination.
~~Doing more than is expected to make another's life a little more bearable, without uttering a single complaint
...is Compassion.
~~Helping a friend in need, no matter the time or effort, to the best of your ability
...is Loyalty.
~~Holding your head high And being the best you know you can be when life seems to fall apart at your feet; facing each difficulty with the confidence that time will bring you better tomorrows, And never giving up...
...is Confidence.
HOLD YOUR HEAD HIGH AND MAKE YOUR LIFE BETTER EVERY DAY!

FROM ANONYMOUS MOM
I had been teaching my three-year old daughter the Lord's Prayer for several evenings at bedtime. She would repeat the lines from the prayer after me. Finally, she decided to go solo. I listened with pride as she carefully enunciated each word, right up to the end of the prayer.
"Lead us not into timptation," she prayed, "but deliver us some e-mail. Amen."

MUD PUDDLES AND DANDELIONS
When I look at a patch of dandelions, I see a bunch of weeds that are going to take over my yard.
My kids see flowers for Mom and blowing white fluff you can wish on.

When I look at an old drunk and he smiles at me, I see a smelly, dirty person who probably wants money and I look away.
My kids see someone smiling at them and they smile back.

When I hear music I love, I know I can't carry a tune and don't have much rhythm so I sit self-consciously and listen.
My kids feel the beat and move to it. They sing out the words. If they don't know them, they make up their own.

When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. I feel it messing up my hair and pulling me back when I walk.
My kids close their eyes, spread their arms and fly with it, until they fall to the ground laughing.

When I pray, I say thee and thou and grant me this, give me that.
My kids say, "Hi God! Thanks for my toys and my friends. Please keep the bad dreams away tonight. Sorry, I don't want to go to Heaven yet. I would miss my Mommy and Daddy."

When I see a mud puddle I step around it. I see muddy shoes and dirty carpets.
My kids sit in it. They see dams to build, rivers to cross and worms to play with.

I wonder if we are given kids to teach or to learn from?
Enjoy the little things in life, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.

So I wish you BIG MUD PUDDLES and SUNNY YELLOW DANDELIONS !!!!!