Indigo Insights

Wednesday, March 31, 2004
 
~~~~~~ BAND OF BROTHERS - April 11 - History Channel ~~~~~~

Blogging will be spotty-to-none for about a week. I'm going inland for a party: MINE!!!
In the interim, visit some of the links posted below in previous blogs.
THEY'RE GOOD STUFF.


THIS IS A DOG DAY
For all the dog owners and pet lovers of the world


If I Did Not Have Dogs
1. I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety.
2. My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.
3. All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of dog hair.
4. When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like the ASPCA kennels.
5. When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through dog bodies who beat me there.
6. I could sit on the couch the way I wanted, without taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable.
7. I would not have strange presents under my Christmas tree - like dog bones, stuffed animals - or have to answer to people why I wrap them.
8. I would not be on a first name basis with three vets.
9. The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: "out", "sit", "down", "come", "no", "stay", and "leave him/her/it ALONE".
10. My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers!
11. My pockets would not contain things like poo pick-up bags, dog treats and an extra leash.
12. I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L or F-R-I-S-B-E-E or W-A-L-K.
13. I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside.
14. I would not look strangely at people who think having their ONE dog ties them down too much.
15. I'd look forward to Spring and the melting of the snow instead of dreading "mud season".
16. I would not have to answer the question "Why do you have so many dogs?" from people who will never have the joy in their life of knowing they are loved unconditionally by something as close to an angel as they will ever get.

[thanks to Kirsten, Greenville, NC]


If a Dog Was the Teacher You Would Learn Stuff Like:
-- When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.
-- Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.
-- Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.
-- When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.
-- Let others know when they've invaded your territory.
-- Take naps.
-- Stretch before rising.
-- Run, romp, and play daily.
-- Thrive on attention and let people touch you.
-- Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.
-- On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.
-- On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.
-- When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.
-- No matter how often you're scolded, don't buy into the guilt thing and pout...run right back and make friends.
-- Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.
-- Eat with gusto and enthusiasm. Stop when you have had enough.
-- Be loyal. Never pretend to be something you're not.
-- If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.
-- When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by and nuzzle them gently.

[thanks to Christina, Swansboro, NC]


KID STUFF

God Is Like.........
A fifth grade teacher in a Christian school asked her class to look at TV commercials and see if they could use them in some way to communicate ideas about God. Here are some of the results:

BAYER ASPIRIN
He works miracles.

a FORD
He's got a better idea.

COKE
He's the real thing.

HALLMARK CARDS
He cares enough to send His very best.

TIDE
He gets the stains out that others leave behind.

GENERAL ELECTRIC
He brings good things to life.

SEARS
He has everything.

ALKA-SELTZER
Try him, you'll like Him.

SCOTCH TAPE
You can't see him, but you know He's there.

DELTA
He's ready when you are.

ALLSTATE
You're in good hands with Him.

VO-5 Hair Spray
He holds through all kinds of weather.

DIAL SOAP
Aren't you glad you have Him?
Don't you wish everybody did?

the U.S. POST OFFICE
Neither rain, nor snow, nor sleet, nor ice will keep Him from His appointed destination.