Indigo Insights

Wednesday, September 29, 2004
 
HELLO AGAIN

It seems rather self-indulgent of me to refrain from blogging just because I'm "funked", when so many of the really good and consistent bloggers keep posting through thick and thin. I don't have anything profound to say, and even if I did, someone has already said it and said it better. But Rivrdog and GOC2 have embarrassed me into coming forth with a token. Those guys keep on truckin' with their blogs when they would have every reason to use their present situations as a "pass". As for me, I'm hoping to get inspired after November 2.

There is hope (yet again!) that Indigo Insights will be getting a blogroll up in the foreseeable future. At last, acknowledgement to some great bloggers who have been kind enough to blogroll me with no reciprocation, plus other favorites who've never heard of me, but whom I read and enjoy. And remember, fellow bloggers, my little effort at blogging was born out of a desire to communicate with loved ones and old friends who are far away. All of YOU who visit and read are just icing on my Blog Cake! Thanks.



FOR ALL US STEVIE WONDER FANS
An oldie, goldie, but goodie!


Stevie Wonder and Jack Nicklaus are in a bar. Nicklaus turns to Wonder and says, "How is the singing career going?" Stevie Wonder says, "Not too bad, the latest album has gone into the top 10, so all in all I think it is pretty good. By the way how is the golf?"

Nicklaus replies, "Not too bad, I am not winning as much as I used to but I'm still making a bit of money. I have some problems with my swing but I think I've got that right now."

"I always find that when my swing goes wrong I need to stop playing for a while and think about it, then the next time I play it seems to be all right," says Stevie.

"You play golf!?" asks Jack.

Stevie says, "Yes, I have been playing for years."

"But I thought you were blind; how can you play golf if you are blind?" Jack asks.

"I get my caddie to stand in the middle of the fairway and he calls to me. I listen for the sound of his voice and play the ball toward him, then when I get to where the ball lands the caddie moves to the green or further down the fairway and again I play the ball toward his voice," explains Stevie.

"But how do you putt?" Nicklaus wondered.

"Well," says Stevie, "I get my caddie to lean down in front of the hole and call to me with his head on the ground and I just play the ball to the sound of his voice." Nicklaus says, "What is your handicap?"

"Well, I play off scratch," Stevie assures Jack. Nicklaus is incredulous and says to Stevie, "We must play a game sometime."

Wonder replies, "Well, people don't take me seriously so I only play for money, and I never play for less than $100,000 a hole."

Nicklaus thinks it over and says, "OK, I'm up for that. When would you like to play?"

"I don't care - any night next week is OK with me."

[via Jimmy, Ayden, NC]



THE PAST

Another year has passed and we're all a little older.
Last summer felt hotter and winter seems much colder.

I rack my brain for happy thoughts, to put down on my pad,
But lots of things that come to mind, they make me kind of sad.

There was a time not long ago when life was quite a blast.
Now I fully understand about "Living in the Past"

We used to go to weddings, football games and lunches.
Now we go to funeral homes, and after-funeral brunches.

We used to have hangovers, from parties that were gay.
Now we suffer body aches and while the night away.

We used to go out dining, and couldn't get our fill.
Now we ask for doggie bags, come home and take a pill.

We used to often travel to places near and far.
Now we get sore asses from riding in the car.

We used to go out shopping for new clothing at the Mall;
But, now we never bother... all the sizes are too small.

We used to go to nightclubs and drink a little booze.
Now we stay at home at night and watch the evening news.

That, my friend is how life is, and now my tale is told.
So, enjoy each day and live it up... before you're too damned old!
[via Don, in the mountains of Virginia]



SAYINGS BY MAXINE

"Ever get the feeling you stuff strutted off without you?"

"I think I have reached my sexpiration date!"

"I've still got "it", but nobody wants to see it!"

"It's scary when you start making the same noises as your coffeemaker!"

"Don't let aging get you down. It's too hard to get back up!"

"Don't think of it as hot flashes. Think of it as your inner child playing with matches!"



NICE QUOTES

Example is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the only thing. ~~ Albert Schweitzer

The right time to show your good character is when you are pestered by somebody weaker than you. ~~ Buddha

How rare and wonderful is that flash of a moment when we realize we have discovered a friend. ~~ William Rostler



PUSSYFOOTIN'™

>^..^< What next?
>^..^< For Seniors Only
>^..^< Got questions? Answers here.
>^..^< One man said to another, "I didn't sleep with my wife before I got married. How about you?" The man replied, "I don't know. What was her maiden name?"
>^..^< New North Carolina blogger! Welcome aboard, Gus. Go take a look, ya'll. A very interesting guy.
>^..^< If you yourself are at peace, then there is at least some peace in the world.