Indigo Insights

Wednesday, June 15, 2005
 
BABIES

All babies are precious, cute and cuddly. A baby will bring a smile to the face of the most confirmed grouch. They are God's darling gifts. No doubt about it. Contrary to parental opinion, however, they are not all beautiful. By the time one reaches greatgrandmotherhood, a whole lot of babies have been viewed, rocked, tickled and regaled with lullabies. At this age, I'm pretty much underwhelmed by babies, almost to the point of "seen one, seen them all." The first really beautiful baby I recall, the one who made a lifelong impression as the quintessential beautiful baby, was a cousin who came into my family when I was 10 years old. She was absolutely angelic. Her gorgeous blue eyes and cherubic blond curls inspired awe in me, and she held that distinction until my own first child was born. As my mother used to say, "Every crow thinks her baby bird is the blackest." and I always believed that until I saw Sadie. Memory may have dimmed my impressions of years ago, but in my recent awareness, here is the most gorgeous baby I've seen in many, many years. WHAT A DAZZLER!




PUSSYFOOTIN'™
with Lynx


>^..^< Keeping with "the children", Cajun posted a cute story, plus Name Game VII on June 12. (Remember, I'm catching up!)

>^..^< The Sailor has a link to Take Back the Memorial on his home page, following up on THE GREAT GROUND ZERO HEIST posted June 8, below.

>^..^< Jen is helping to locate Flag-flyers. See this and get your pictures in.

>^..^< The Brier Patch says It Is Not About Guantanamo Bay. Good read.



FOR MUSIC LOVERS

What is an English horn teacher called?
A Tudor tooter tutor.

Why do violinists stand for long periods outside people's houses?
They can't find the key and they don't know when to come in.

Definition of a bar line?
A gathering of tuba players at a popular drinking establishment.

What do you call a trombonist with a beeper?
An optimist.

What's the difference between a banjo player and a trombonist sitting at a bus stop?
Chances are the banjo player is going to a gig.

How can you make a french horn sound like a trombone?
Take your hand out of the bell and lose all sense of taste.

During a rehearsal one day, Sir Thomas Beecham grew impatient with a female cellist. "Madam", he declared, "you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it."